Related pages: Parks home. Parks Councils. Parks Directory. Jackson/JPAC home. Kenwood/KPAC home. Nichols/NPAC home.
Park Councils schedules in the Hyde Park-Kenwood Area
Presented by Hyde Park-Kenwood Community Conference, its Parks Committee (chair Gary Ossewaarde), and its website email@example.com. This page is not the website of particular park councils or the Chicago Park District. The pages linked at the top give links to park council websites, and visit. http://www.chicagoparkdistrict.com. Communicate with our parks committee via firstname.lastname@example.org or 773 288-8343.
below: special meetings-
Updated schedule of regular meetings. An expanded chart of status, meetings, contacts et al follows.
- Harold Washington
- Nichols (is the recognized site, hydepark.org/parks/nichols.htm)
- Spruce facebook page- address coming
http://www.washingtonparkac.org, facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Washington-Park-Advisory-Council/178931582168672
- Bixler Playlot. 57th and Kenwood, if poor weather Midway skating rink fieldhouse. ?.
- Cornell. Cornell Park- 4th Mondays, 6 pm at Catholic Theological Union, 5416 S. Cornell usually room 304. June 25.
- Elm Playlot. 4th Tuesday, 6 pm. , 2016 and thereafter most 4th Tuesdays through fall- not in Winter. Nichols fieldhouse, 1355 E. 53rd St. Timika Hoffman-Zoller contact. June 26.
- Harold Washington Park.
- Harris Recreational Center tba 6200 S. Drexel, meeting room. ? TBA
- Jackson Park. 2nd Monday, normally 7 pm at the fieldhouse 6401 S. Stony Island. , Monday, usually 7 pm at the fieldhouse, 6401 S. Stony Island. Gary Ossewaarde 773 773 947-9541, Louise McCurry,773 844-2225. July 9, 6:30 at Iowa Building- annual security picnic potluck. email@example.com.
- Kennicott Park, 4434 S. Lake Park. 1st Mondays, if still active.
- Kenwood Park, http://web.me.com/kenwoodpark/Site/About_KPAC.html. ChicagoKPAC@gmail.com. Active but few community meetings. St. Paul & Redeemer, 4945 S. Dorchester, Bylesby Room from parking ot rear entr. tba
- Ma Houston. (info in Other Parks page) 50th and Cottage Gr. tba.
- Midway Plaisance Park. at the skating house, between University and Ellis. NOW 2ND Wednesdays at 6:30 pm. June 13.
- Nichols Park, Second Thursday, 7 pm. fieldhouse, 1355 E. 53rd St. Stephanie Franklin, 773 955-3622. 2nd Thursday. June 14.
- AC-South Shore Cultural Center, Sat. Normally 2nd Sat. 10:30 am. 7059 South Shore Drive. Gary Ossewaarde. July 14.
- Spruce Park. 3rd Mondays, 6 pm at Nichols fieldhouse, 1355 E. 53d St. TBA.
- Stout Park. 1st Tuesdays, 6 pm at Nichols fieldhouse. ?
- Washington Park 3rd Wed. , 7 pm, fieldhouse, 5531 S. King Dr. 3rd Wednesday. Cecilia Butler. 3rd Wednesday. June 20.
Bixler- 57th and Kenwood- ?
Cornell - 4th Monday at 6 or 6:30 at Catholic Theological Seminary, 5416 S. Cornell room 304 (sommetimes 504). 4th Mon. June 25
Elm- 4th Tuesday at 6 at Nichols Fieldhouse, 1355 E. 53rd St. June 27
Harris. tba. 6200 S. Drexel. tba
Jackson- 2nd Monday at 7 at Fieldhouse, 6401 S. Stony Island. July 9, 6:30 p.m. security potluck in Iowa building
Kenwood- 2nd Tuesday at fieldhouse, 4945 S. Dorchester parking lot. Bylesby room. tba
Ma Houston tba
Midway- 2nd Wednesdays at skating warming house, center panel between University and Ellis. June 13, Wednesday 6:30
Nichols- 2nd Thursday at 7 at Fieldhouse, 1355 E. 53rd St. June 14.
Stout- 1st Tuesday at 6 at Nichols Fieldhouse, 1355 E. 53rd St. ?
Washington (George)- 3rd Wednesday, 7 pm at Fieldhouse 5531 S. King Dr. June 20.
(South Shore- 2nd Saturday, 10:30 am, SSCC Oak Room, 7059 South Shore Drive. July 14.)
Presidents (as of February, 2016)
Bixler- Mila Jameson
Cornell Park-Norm Bell
Elm Park- Timika Hoffman-Zoller
Harold Washington PlayLot Park- Thomas Allen (new elections to be held)
Jackson- Louise McCurry
Kenwood- Sundeep Mullangi
Midway- Bronwyn Nichols-Lodato
Nichols-Stephanie Franklin ( no email) phone 773-955-3622
Spruce Park -to be elected
Stout- Kenneth East
Washington- Cecilia Butler
(South Shore- Walter Kindred)
chart of status, meetings, contacts et al- to be updated from above
Chicago Park District 2015 Board Meeting Calendar.You may also find Board Meeting dates at https://chicagoparkdistrict.legistar.com/ .
Parks north of 51st St. (E. Hyde Park Blvd.) are in the Central Region, Art Richardson, those to the south are in South Region, Daphne Johnson. Area Manager for most or our South Region parks is Cordell Hopkins.
Park Monthly Date Location Contacts Gwendolyn Brooks- see Kennicott Belinda Starks Bessie Coleman 4th Tuesday, 7 pm. Now meets with the local block club West Hyde Park Neighbors? Peter Cassel Cornell Playlot council being formed 54?? S. Cornell Lanita Ross , Louise McCurry Dyett no regular mtgs lately, is active 513 E. 51st Street
Vinston Glover, president, 773 955-7784 or
Bobbie Townsend, 773 548-2199
Jackson 2nd Monday 7 pm usually but not always at fieldhouse Field House, 6401 S. Stony Island, 7:30 pm
Supervisor Wm. Tillis 773 256-0903
Harold Washington New council in formation Del Prado, 5307 S. HP Blvd. 2nd floor lobby.
Irene Sherr (Irene Sherr) (no elected officers). 773 752-2770
Under Kenwood Park, Tony McCoy? seems to be Nikki Peters
Harris Recreational Center 3nd Thursday, 6 pm. 6200 S. Drexel
Linda Austin, president, 312 282-7321
Gerald Washington, Supervisor. Mail to ctr. Attn: Lorraine Simmons.
Kennicott Monday after the first Thursday Kennicott Park Field House, 4344 S. Lake Park Avenue, 7 ? pm
?Shari Nichols-Sweat, president, 773 288-0844
Sup. Renee Shepherd, 312 747-7138
Kenwood 3rd or 4th Wednesdays every 2 or 3 months St. Paul and the Redeemer, 4945 S. Dorchester- Bylesby Room or Chapel off east lot entry.
Supervisor. Tony McCoy, 312 747-6286, Area Manager ?, 773 746-5962
Midway Plaisance Not meeting currently Skating Rink Warming House
(no elected officers) 773 834-4549
Dir. Rick Shaheen, 312 745-2470
2nd Thursday 7:00 pm
Nichols Park gym fieldhouse, 1355 E. 53rd St., 7 pm
Sup. Nikki Peters, 773 747-2703
Promontory Point Not organized, does not meet.
Re: park call Jackson Park Supervisor, Wm. Tillis, 773 256-0903.
South Shore Cultural Center 2nd Saturday 10:30 am (excepts October, April- tba) 7059 South Shore Drive
Edie Moore, President
Ctr. Dir. Andrea Adams 773 256-0149
Spruce Not meeting.
Sup. Rick Shaheen, 312 745-2470 at Midway or Heather Kelly at Nichols 773 747-2307
3rd Wednesday, 7 pm Field House 5531 S. King Dr., 7 pm
Cecilia Butler, president,
There is a Conservancy for natural areas
Fieldhouse 312 747-6823, Refectory 312 747-7618. Sup. Janie Collins
Chicago Park District Regional 2016 Budget Hearings coming up late summer 2015.